Please consider passing along the attached Alaska Family Council/Action Job Opening to those you know who might have an interest in joining our team. Thanks for investing in our ministry and linking arms with us as we seek to be salt and light in the public square.
BOOKKEEPER/CONSTITUENT RELATIONS ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
POSITION SUMMARY: Working under the supervision of the Administrative Director, the Bookkeeper/Constituent Relations Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the financial records and donor data for the ministry. This position is part-time (20 hours per week), hours and days worked are flexible and the position is based in Anchorage. Hourly wage is dependent upon experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all duties associated with bi-weekly accounts payable including: interacting with staff, vendors and donors as needed; processing invoices; expense coding; and data entry.
- Conducts all duties associated with accounts receivable including: preparing and submitting performing bank deposits; and tracking and following up on all accounts receivables.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations for AFC/AFA bank accounts.
- Performs credit card reconciliations.
- Enters data into donor database including gifts, pledges, biographical information, event registrations and any other data required for financial development purposes.
- Produces and mails pledge reminders and acknowledgements.
- Generates accurate reports as needed.
- Creates queries, exports, and mailing lists as needed for financial development activities.
- Support other users with database troubleshooting and data extraction.
- Answer phones, direct callers, and take messages
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Administrative Director
- Minimum of 1 year accounting, financial development or donor database experience preferably with a nonprofit organization
- Good knowledge of standard accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess a keen attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work.
- Excellent organizational/follow-through skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision using independent discretion and judgment
- Customer service orientation with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, donors, and volunteers
- Flexibility to support time-sensitive functions of development activities (such as special events)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate in a professional manner with AFC/AFA staff, donors and vendors.
- Belief in and support of ministry’s Statement of Faith and strategic objectives to change culture.
Interested applicants should e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23rd.